FISITA (International Federation of Automotive Engineering Societies) is the world body for automotive engineers. Our members are the national automotive engineering societies in 38 countries. Together we represent over 153,000 automotive engineers working in industry, research, academia and government world-wide.
Founded in Paris in 1948, FISITA is a non-profit educational and scientific organisation dedicated to improving automotive transportation through technology for the benefit of mankind. We are the global voice of the profession.
FISITA works with its member societies and the automotive industry to:
- Promote advances in automotive technology which save lives, protect the environment, and conserve natural resources
- Disseminate and share leading-edge technical knowledge between nations
- Facilitate practical co-operation among the automotive engineering societies in different countries
- Support the continuing professional development of automotive engineers
- Encourage the education and training of students and young engineers
- Communicate the positive contribution automotive engineers to society
The biennial FISITA World Automotive Congress, first held in 1947, is the longest established international conference on automotive engineering.