An international research and training center developing the 21st century transport energies.
In powertrains, IFP develops technologies to cut the emissions and energy consumption of road vehicles. It evaluates and validates new fuels.
The research programs centre around:
- highly efficient engine technologies
- hybrid powertrain
- pollutant after-treatment technologies
- engine management system: electronic control strategies and calibration
- advanced fuels and lubricants
- alternative fuels with low CO2 emissions: biofuels, GNV, etc.
- vehicle demonstrators, including hybrid vehicles.